Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18 2012

First thing this morning I went to Arcot, in the hope of some summer visitors. Other than Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler, there were none. I did however get a nice Green Woodpecker.
Both Gordon and Steve had the same idea and turned up to have a look before heading to work.

From here I headed North and went to Harthope. While here I had a walk up Hawsen Burn
Hawsen Burn-P1010272
and saw my first (Northern) Wheatear and Ring Ouzel of the year. The Ring Ouzel was good enough to sing for me.
And back at the car, this Grey Wagtail posed nicely
Grey Wagtail
I head for home via the coast, calling in at Cullernose Point to try and record Kittiwake. The onshore wind making that task impossible.

Stopping at Chevington the male Marsh Harrier showed briefly before the rain set in.

A last stop of the day at Druridge Pools and six Little Grebe trill nicely for me.

2 comments:

The Liverbirder said...

You never mentioned creeping up on me SAS style and giving me a heart attack. Never heard an Ouzel sing before; magical!

Richard Dunn said...

first time I've been accused of being stealthy!!!

Ring Ouzel, a bird of the wild places, yet I was sat in the car to record that, it was right next to the road